Sunday, August 24, 2008

50 States for Obama Yearbook

A while back, Karen Benzer started an effort to create a yearbook for the 2008 Democratic National Convention. I created the Utah page, and others across the nation created pages for their own states, with pictures, mementos, signature and whatever else they wanted to add to their states' pages. I finally met Karen in person today, and received my own copy of the yearbook. Karen will be presenting the original copy to Senator Obama, and has copies available for purchase.

Tonight, at the Western States Kickoff Party, which I'll be detailing in my next post, I collected many signatures from people that I met, along with people I already know from Utah. This was a wonderful way for me to meet people at tonight's party, and have some amazing memories chronicling my adventures. I love the emphasis that the book puts on the grassroots movement that supports Senator Obama, because without people volunteering to make phone calls, knock on doors and increase awareness through community events, the Obama campaign would be very different from what it is.

If you're in Denver, you can pick up your own copy at Karen's booth on the 16th Street Mall, by the Paramount Cafe near Glenarm Place. She'll have them available on a web site soon, and is sending out a call for additional contributors for the inauguration version. I'll post more about that in a week or two, after more information is available.

In the meantime, if you're in Denver, please find me and sign my copy.


Here's a photo of Karen and I at her booth when I met her this evening.

No comments: