Thursday, September 28, 2006

Kim Wixon says: Give tax refund to school


In a democracy, sometimes the people have to do the right thing when elected officials won't. I am calling on citizens receiving a tax decrease from the Legislature and governor to send a check for the same amount to the neediest school in their hometown or district. If we all do this, the impact on the schools will be fantastic. I am delivering my check on Monday to Layton Elementary. Let's not be fooled into giving our votes to these people anymore. I can't be bought for 50 pieces of gold.

Kim Wixon
Layton

This appeared in Wednesday's Deseret News. It was written by Davis County Democrat, Kim Wixon (pictured above).

2 comments:

Utah Conservative said...

I will be using my tax refund to help stimulate the economy.

Anonymous said...

To Utah conservative:
I'm glad you're helping the economy by using your $50 to fill up your gas tank.