Saturday, April 01, 2006


Chris Ferguson ~ Candidate, House District 25

As the 2006 election process begins, I would like to introduce myself as the Democratic candidate for State Representative in District 25. My name is Chris Ferguson, and I have been a resident of Salt Lake City since 1996, and active in the Utah Democratic Party since 1998. I’ve served on the Salt Lake County Democrat Executive Committee from 2004 to 2006. While on this committee, I was able to form relationships with other delegates, and hear from Democratic constituents.

I have been a delegate in District 25 for the past six years. I spent two of those years as the Vice-Chair for the District. I serve on the Planned Parenthood Young Advocates Council, and serve the community as a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer, working to insure that foster children’s needs are adequately met.

While campaigning for the Democratic Party nomination in 2004, I was fortunate enough to run beside Ross Romero. The experience and relationship formed while running greatly influenced my desire to participate in the democratic process.

I am advocating improvements in our systems of education and health care. Class size needs to be reduced, so students can receive more individual attention. Teachers need to be better compensated for educating our youth. I believe in providing accessible and affordable healthcare to all people. We need to restore the dental and vision benefits for the Medicaid recipients in our state. Small businesses need to be given the opportunity to participate in a small business health care plan.

In next few weeks I will be contacting you to find out what your concerns are and any issues you feel I should be aware of. I look forward to hearing from you, so I can better meet the needs of the constituents residing in House District 25. Please feel free to contact me at (801)502-8382. I can also be reached at chris.ferguson@comcast.net

Thank you for being active in the political process.

Sincerely,

Chris Ferguson

No comments: