Saturday, April 01, 2006

Jack Gray ~ Candidate, House District 25

Hello,

My name is Jack Gray and I am running for State House of Representatives District 25. I grew up in a activist family in West Valley City, Utah. We always talked about politics and I volunteered frequently for political campaigns for political parties and eventually hoped to run for office eventually.I served in the militiary for 3 years and I was called up for for Deseret Shield/Desert Storm whicle in a Army reserve personnel unit, and serve in the Utah National Guard. I hold a Political Science degree from the University of Utah and think of myself as a First Amendment activist.

My platform is environmental issues that I think are important for the Citizens of the district 25. Utah has physical qualities and environmental problems like no other state. I like to propose a law to regulate mercury in the great salt lake and counter the inversions we have because of the pollution during the Winter time.I hope to work with the Sierra Club to improve the quality of air we breath and lower the pollution levels in Salt Lake City. I would increase the funding for Division of Air Quality to re-establish monitors closed during the earlier budget, and open spaces which are part of the LeRay McAllister Open Space Fund. Jack Gray
Candidate for Utah State House 25
Democratic

No comments: