Tuesday, February 21, 2006



Mr. Joe Cannon
Utah State Republican Chairman

"I need to inform you sir that you are inncorrect..."

When Art and I returned to the House/Senate building lobby we ran into Joe Cannon. When we approached him he said, "I'm not my brother Chris".

We spoke of Wayne Holland Jr., Utah State Democratic Chairman, and of his father Wayne Senior who Joe thinks the world of. Then Joe explained how Utah was once a blue state when he moved here from California. He also stated that Utah Democrats started to lose ground when the "liberal left" took over the party in the early seventies.

It was at this point when Art asked Joe if he thought Utah would ever turn around. "No, I don't think it ever will." Joe replied calmly. That's when I looked Joe in the eye and replied, "I need to inform you sir that you are inncorrect in your assumption..."

Mr. Cannon is not one to show his emotions, but he and I both know that I was speaking the truth, which brings me to the following statement.

I challenge every Utahn to take a real look at the candidates the Democratic Party is recruiting. We have listened to your qualifications, we have found those who are qualified. The time has come to bring the debate back to our counties, to our State Capitol, and to Washington D.C.

Together, we can do better; we must do better, and the Democratic Party is committed to once again put our house in order.


6 comments:

JM Bell said...

GREAT JOB ROB.

Best Read Today!

Anonymous said...

Rob, You are a rock star!

I'm still chuckling. Is that his real head, or did you photoshop it?
-CDL

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Utah and moved away for a few years. When I left the Democrats in Utah could do no right. I'm back and I've changed a bit...but so has the Democratic Party. I was really excited to register to vote as a Democrat for my very first time when I went in for a Driver's License last week.

I sure enjoy your blog because it has tons of examples of why things are changing for the better in Utah for my party and for our future. Good luck and please keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Miller vs. ah, ahhhh, I don't know what the hell it is!

Daniel said...

Utah Democrats have a real problem with the Utah populace--they are Democrats. Utah Democrats might make a lot of sense, but you have to contend with the Howard Deans at the national level. The Howard Dean, Move-On, Kos crowd fighten too many Utahns.

Anonymous said...

Daniel:

Howard Dean was great at Westminster College. I think he has received some poor press. He was great on Letterman too.

The example I am watching from the Democratic Party in Utah is right on the mark(for Utah).

Its real.