Tuesday, February 21, 2006


A Visit to Emery County

On February 11th, Craig Axford and I drove to Emery County to meet with their leaders and delegates. The last time I went to Emery County I ate well. Nothing changed this Going to Emery County is like going to a Church social except the food was a lot better. Who can complain when ribeye is on the menu.

After our meal Gary Petty introduced the speakers. The first speaker spoke to long, I think he put half the room to sleep, but once I was done it was Craig Axford's turn.

Once Craig finished we listened to former Emery County Chairman Dennis Dooley. Dennis's speech grabbed everybody in the room. Here is an excerpt,


Dennis Dooley Energizes Emery Democrats (above)


Emery County Chair Gary Petty and Craig Axford

"The subject of my little talk tonight is
liberalism, God and ice cream.

I don't know if any of you saw Johnny Carson the night George
Gobbels was on the show and said, "Did you ever feel like the
world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"
Well that's what it's like to be a Democrat in Utah sometimes.

Further if you are a somewhat conservative rural Utah
Democrat you are like brown shoes with purple shoe laces.
None the less, if you are a Democrat you will be labeled as a
liberal. Or, LIIIIBURRRULLL.

Now I wouldn't mind that
except somehow a nice sweet word like liberal has somehow
become synonymous with MINION OF SATAN.

Now c'mon. If you go to the ice cream store do you want the
nice serving person to be liberal with the ice cream scoop or
conservative with the tutti-frutti?"

and there's more,

My favorite part of the God Book is in the last part of Matthew, and forgive me if I paraphrase a bit:

On the last day everyone who was saved stood before the
throne of Our Lord and He said: When I was hungry; you gave
me to eat. When I was naked; you covered me. When I
thirsted; you gave me to drink. When I was a stranger; you
took me in. When I was sick and in jail; you came to visit me.

The saved asked when they had ever met Him and did these
things. He answered, "You have done these things for others
and behold I say to you; whatsoever you have done for these,the least of my Brethren; that you have done also for me."

I want to thank Dennis for his speech which will be available in its entity on at utdemocrats.org very soon. When it is I will link it. I also want to thank the Emery County Officers, Gary, Glenys, and Kim for once again putting on an event worth going to, and for all their good work.

No comments: