Monday, June 03, 2013

Bountiful City's Concerts in the Park Director to run for Bountiful City Council


Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Full Press Statement Attached Below
DATE:  06/03/2012
CONTACT: Richard Watson - 801-540-3146
                     Robert D Miller- 801-896-4673

Bountiful City’s Concerts in the Park Director and longtime city activist to run for Bountiful City Council

Bountiful, Utah – Bountiful City’s Concerts in the Park director, Richard Watson, announced on Monday his candidacy for Bountiful City Council.

In a statement released Monday, Richard Watson said, “I support the quality of life in Bountiful we currently experience. As your member of the City Council, I will continue making Bountiful a remarkable city to live in.  Insuring that our city parks continue to be great and family friendly will be a top priority as your council member. I support the recent city approval to purchase land for a new park and I support the policy of the current City Council of keeping taxes low and keeping our city transparent for all residents.”

“I am excited by the possibility of serving you as a member of Bountiful City Council. I want to continue the tradition of keeping Bountiful the best community to live in,” said Watson.

“For the past five years, I have voluntarily served as the concert director for Bountiful’s Concerts in the Park. I have also served four years as Chair of the Bountiful Community Service Council, a volunteer council that provides service help for the community, including the Emergency Preparedness Fair and updating the city’s emergency disaster handbook. I love Bountiful, and I love serving the residents of Bountiful. I believe my experience -- working for Bountiful’s best interest and working with the current mayor and council -- gives me a great advantage as a candidate who can and will get it done,” said Watson.

Richard Watson has served as concert director for Bountiful City’s Concerts in the Park for the past five years and as chair of the Bountiful Community Service Council for the past four years.

Watson’s community activism includes four years on local school community councils -- four years as government affairs chair for the Utah Autism Council -- eight years coaching Jr. Jazz basketball and seven years coaching Mueller Park Baseball. Richard and Carol Watson (Both USU Aggies), chose to raise their family in Bountiful 26 years ago. They have two sons, Andy and Bret. Watson is employed as a Space Analyst for Associated Food Stores and enjoys playing golf, basketball and attending USU athletic events.

Press Statement
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
 Date: 06/03/2013
CONTACT: Richard Watson - 801-540-3146
                     Robert D Miller- 801-896-4673

Press Statement by Bountiful City Council Candidate Richard Watson

Hello!

I’m Richard Watson and I am a candidate for the Bountiful City Council.

I am excited by the possibility of serving you as a member of Bountiful City Council. I want to continue the tradition of keeping Bountiful the best community to live in.

For the past five years, I have voluntarily served as the concert director for Bountiful’s Concerts in the Park. I have also served four years as Chair of the Bountiful Community Service Council, a volunteer council that provides service help for the community, including the Emergency Preparedness Fair and updating the city’s emergency disaster handbook. I love Bountiful, and I love serving the residents of Bountiful. I believe my experience -- working for Bountiful’s best interest, and working with the current mayor and council -- gives me a great advantage as a candidate who can and will get it done.

Other experience includes four years on local school community councils, four years as government affairs chair for the Utah Autism Council, eight years coaching Jr. Jazz basketball and seven years coaching Mueller Park Baseball.

I support the quality of life in Bountiful we currently experience. As your member of the City Council, I will continue making Bountiful a remarkable city to live in. Insuring that our city parks continue to be great and friendly will be a top priority as your council member. I support the recent city approval to purchase land for a new park and I support the policy of the current City Council of keeping taxes low and keeping our city transparent for all residents.”

I have lived in Bountiful for 26 years with my wife, Carol Watson (we are both USU Aggies) and my two sons, Andy and Bret. I am employed as a Space Analyst at Associated Food Stores. I enjoy playing golf, basketball and attending USU athletic events.

Richard Watson
90 E. 1100 South, Bountiful, UT 84010

No comments: