Friday, August 01, 2008

Whhwwweeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

For the last few days I've had to input letters I can barely recognize to post. There was a link that explained why, and at least I could post, so no big deal.

Today, I was locked out.

I was told it could take up to three weeks to unblock the Utah Amicus by Blogger because "robots" had determined that this blog is a spam blog. It happened to Blogger (blogspot.com) blogs all over the country and it happened to this blog and it happened to The Utah State Democratic Party Blog, which is still blocked at this time.

I have enjoyed the simplicity of blogger. Anyone can use it and I think that's pretty cool. However, I can't afford to have this happen when The Utah Amicus and Friends goes to Denver.

JM Bell has some ideas. So do Jason and Craig. Me thinks it's time to face the inevitable.

It's time to upgrade.

It's time for change .

Glad to be back.

The Utah Amicus

4 comments:

Bob said...

I was a little nervous about the Amicus being locked out.

Glad to see it back.
-Bob

Anonymous said...

Anything to the rumor that Jim Matheson is going to be Obama's VP?

Ric Cantrell said...

Check out Wordpress. We used that for the GOP state convention - it worked well and had about 10 X the functionality of the Blogger setup.

Looking forward to your convention posts.

Frank Staheli said...

That happened to me at Simple Utah Mormon Politics as well, but not longer after I replied to their e-mail explaining that I'm a real person, SUMP was back in business.

It does seem a bit odd, though, that they have that much control over their blogger community.

There are A LOT of features about WordPress that I really like...

;-)