Bob Springmeyer"I am running for Governor because I know that Utah can and must do better. This is a great state. But it must be an even greater state."
- I am not satisfied that more than 400,000 people in Utah, including 135,000 children, have no health insurance and many more families are struggling to keep up with rising insurance costs.
- I am not satisfied that one third of Salt Lake School District students and almost half of Ogden students, and far too many of our Hispanic students end up dropping out. Pretty great is just not good enough anymore!
- I am not satisfied that Utah wages, as a percentage of national averages, have been falling steeply since the early 1980's under Republican Administrations - 80 percent of Utah workers have suffered real wage losses since 1979.
- I am not satisfied that when my 87 year old mother tries to call State Government she can't get a real human - just a complicated stream of clicks, beeps and frustration.
- Middle class families are been squeezed by higher health care, energy and tuition costs. The only thing that is absolutely certain is that we cannot wait to act - We Must Do Better.