Thursday, January 25, 2007

Post 500: Thank you!


So much has happened in Utah and our world since I decided to take a break from The Utah Amicus.

Just days before the end of 2006 we lost the legendary "Godfather of Soul" James Brown and Former President Gerald R. Ford. Even with his personal struggles Brown had become an American icon, and Ford was the only president to have held the office of the presidency and vice-presidency without ever having been elected to either office.

The year's end also brought to an end the life of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. Even with the knowledge that Hussein most certainly deserved this destiny, I was surprised by the sick feeling I felt my stomach when the "special report " aired stating that Hussein was dead.

When I first decided to take a break from blogging I had no idea how difficult it would be for me to get back on the horse. My slow return certainly wasn't due to any lack of material, or can I blame any technical difficulties. Quite frankly I just had so much on my plate and after awhile I wasn't quite sure where to start, or how. What I was sure of was that I missed blogging, and that it was time for The Utah Amicus to grow.

Although I'm not yet ready to explain all of the changes that will be coming to The Utah Amicus I am pleased to announce that Christian Burridge will be joining The Utah Amicus as a full-fledged partner. I felt that Christian did a great job with his own blog during his run for Utah's 3rd congressional District and I am excited to see what he has in store for us here.

I also want to again state that anyone can submit an article or story idea(s) to The Utah Amicus regardless of political or religious preference, legal residency, hair color, or shoe size. Simply put, "WE WANT YOU!"

Before I end this post I want to say THANK YOU for coming to visit, and especially to those of you who continue to do so on a regular basis. I do appreciate your support and your comments (even when they hurt).

With every best wish,

The Utah Amicus
Dedicated to Sarah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back.

I was missing my daily Utah Amicus fix!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Welcome Christian!

Sarah Bellum said...

finally. we need 'big'.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You definitely have been missed!