Thursday, October 12, 2006

Chuck McDowell for Utah State House Seat 38


I am Chuck McDowell, a 17 year resident of Kearns, and I am a candidate for Utah State House Seat 38 in the 2006 Election.

My wife and I have raised both of our children in this home and want to pay back the Community by engaging in this public service.

Legislative District 38 is at a crossroads and I am the right person to represent and negotiate some very strategic and critical issues on behalf of our citizens.

Let me tell you a few reasons why:
  • I represent working families throughout our District on issues like healthcare, education, transportation and jobs.
  • I am a big supporter of Public Education and I want to strengthen it.
  • I have successfully lobbied in an effort to get a new elementary school built in the Diamond Summit Area. This is approved and will be built in the next 2 years.
  • I have supported the Entheos Charter School and I am pleased to see it opening this Fall.
  • I am actively involved with the Granite School Board, the UEA and the GEA as well as local PTA leaders to address education issues.
  • I am actively involved in issues that concern Seniors and I volunteer at the local Kearns Senior Center once a week.
As a member of the Kearns Community Council:
  • I am taking the lead on commercial redevelopment that will help our current business owners and also attract new jobs.
  • I am already working with Salt Lake County Zoning and Planning on zoning issues and our master plan.
  • I am already engaged with UDOT to find solutions regarding the Mt. View Corridor and also 5600 West.
  • I was on the committee that successfully lobbied the County to fund a skatepark for our kids.
  • I helped work issues out with the UTA recently and have been a key participant in negotiating public transit options for Kearns, West Jordan and West Valley. We now have bus service on Cougar Lane for the first time.
  • I serve on the Zoo, Arts and Parks Tier II Board for Salt Lake County and leveraged that influence to help bring $2.5 million dollars in recreational funding to Kearns and surrounding areas. The design phase of a new skatepark is now underway and construction and improvements to surrounding soccer fields will take place in 2007.

These are just a few reasons why you should join our campaign and help me help you. I am well positioned to make things happen for Leg District 38 and now is the time.

IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE!

This is OUR campaign to win back House Seat 38, and we want you to be a part of it.

Click here to visit Chuck's website!


No comments: