Thursday, June 08, 2006

Congressman Jim Hansen Endorsement!


And so what if its for the Sizzler in Bountiful!

My friend Shane Giddings invited me to lunch the other day. Being a great friend and understanding that I needed to return to a meeting in Centerville Shane agreed to meet me at Sizzler at 575 West 500 South, just of I-15 in Bountiful.

Before I arrived Shane was already calling to let me know, "I'm here!" Our appointment was at 11:30 and it was only 11:24, but Shane knows me well, and he keeps me punctual.

Although I take it almost everywhere, I have no idea what prompted me to turn around, unlock my car, and grab my camera. After all, it's just Shane, but as it turned out I'm glad I did.

Just minutes after sitting down former Congressman Jim Hansen walked into the Sizzler with his wife, and took the booth right next to ours.
"Is that Jim Hansen?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes!"
"Are you really sure?"
"YES!"
After we finished our meal I introduced myself to the congressman. I told him my name and that I was running for the Davis County Commission.
"Who against?"
"Bret Millburn."
"So you're the Democrat."
"Yes I am sir."
"We need at least one Democrat in Davis County."
"How about an endorsement?"
The congressman chuckled and said, "You know I can't endorse anyone." He asked where I was from and I explained that I was raised a "Cal Rampton Democrat" due to the fact that my father Mike Miller had worked for the former Governor.
"I know Mike (smiles as his eyes light up), what 's he up too?"
"He died three years ago sir, from cancer, so I decided it was my turn to step up."
"Good for you (serious look), most people just complain and do nothing else."
"Can I have a photo with you sir?"
"You bet Rob."
The teriaki steak was okay, but meeting Congressman Jim Hansen was the real treat, and I guess he and I can absolutely agree that lunch at the Sizzler in Bountiful has both of our endorsements.

1 comment:

Tyler Farrer said...

Just so we're clear, Jim Hansen endorses the Bountiful Sizzler. Well, I guess I can endorse that Sizzler too!