Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Beth Holbrook for House District 20

Beth Holbrook is a native of Kaysville, Utah and was born in 1966. She is a business owner, wife, and mother of three children and received her degree in Political Science from the University of Utah in 1988. She moved to Bountiful 4 years ago to raise her children and has gone into business with her husband, Todd.

The reason Beth became interested in running in District 20 is simple - “ My parents instilled in me a strong conviction that each of us has a duty to serve our community. I want to be the voice for those who are not being heard, I want to bring back common sense into making decisions.”

As a business owner, mother, and a concerned citizen, Beth knows the value of hard work. “My life is just like everyone else’s; I have carpool days, work on homework with my children, involve myself in the community and church, check my emails, and relax with friends. As busy as I am, I know now is the time for me to step up and represent our community. I will work hard for my community. I will listen to my neighbors and value their input. I will make sure their voices are heard.”

Beth is very concerned that the needs of Utahns are not being heard. “I feel that the current legislature is not addressing the true concerns of its people, and I will fight to change that. Ever since my first child entered our public school system, I have seen first hand many issues that are lost on our legislator’s. They are too busy serving special interests, not passing bills that meet the needs of the people they represent. As a business owner I have to make decisions that tough while considering the needs of everyone, not just myself.”

“Our legislature needs someone with common sense to bring it back to the real issues, and I know I will be that person. It would be an honor and privilege to serve and represent our community, but I need you. I need your voice, I need your ideas, and I need your vote. Together we can wake up the legislature and with common sense and sound ideas, we will be heard loud and clear.”

On November 7th be sure to vote for Beth Holbrook. You will be proud to say that you voted For Our Community’s Future.

To view Beth's website and blog click here!

No comments: