Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Jim Matheson's Birthday, Again
This Time With Photos

Jim Matheson's birthday party was celebrated at Phillip's Gallery, 444 east 200 south in Salt Lake City, Utah on Saturday March 25, 2006. The first person I ran into was my old Olympus High school pal Shane Giddings who is currently a vice president for Key Bank. Shane came to the event with his son Sean who is pictured above sitting between Shane and Jim.

I must again relay how much I enjoyed the wrapped asparagus, the fresh fruit, and the pasta salad. I also enjoyed speaking with Jim's mother Norma Matheson, Rep. Roz McGee, Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon, retiring State Senator Patrice Arent and her father Marvin, Salt Lake County Recorder candidate, Leslie Reberg, her husband Mike, along with many other Matheson friends and supporters. I also ran into Olympus High graduate Mark Quinn. Mark was a reporter for the Olympus High School paper, The Thunderbolt, with Shane and I, over twenty years ago. While on the Thunderbolt staff Mark had the opportunity to interview Jim's father, the late Scott Matheson, while he was serving as Utah's governor.

The party was a great success and I very much enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. My favorite moment happened after Jim finished speaking to the crowd. I have already written about it on a previous posting so I think I will let the last two photos speak for themselves.


No comments: