Thursday, February 09, 2006


MARLIN STRUHS

As I figure out how this works I thought I would introduce Marlin Struhs. Marlin was my economics instructor art Columbia College. Although I picked Marlin because he is an economist, it is my hope that those contributing will tackle any subject they desire. He is a great guy, but he still has not sent me his photo (finally). Here is his bio.


My name is Marlin Struhs. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am married and have two children, a son who is 12 and daughter who is 9. Also included in our family are two dogs, a black lab and a chocolate lab. I have an undergraduate degree from Utah State University, and a MBA from Westminster College. My early professional career was spent working with a couple of investment firms, the majority of my time was with A G Edwards and Sons Inc. I most recently spent time working with a Medical Device company and since leaving have I have started a small company in the Medical Device industry. We make the nice rounded tip on the end of catheters. Fortunately or unfortunately this does not keep me busy full time. I also currently teach Economics in Webster University's MBA program and I teach undergraduate economic courses for Columbia College. I know Robert Miller from one of my economics classes. Rob was an excellent student who sat on the front row and was actively involved in discussions. I may not always remember who was the best or the brightest, but I will remember those who sat on the front row. There is a strong correlation, however, between those who sit on the front row and the best and the brightest.

No comments: