Thursday, February 23, 2006


Lunch at The Pie Pizzaria
Highly Recommended

As reported earlier, Phil Riesen announced his candidacy for House District 36 yesterday. Afterwards Wayne Holland Jr, Phil, and I went to lunch at The Pie Pizzaria, home of the 23" Pie, located on 1320 East 200 South in Salt Lake City.

I have been a fan of The Pie for more than two decades. Up until last fall they had a photo of me from an old article pasted on the display board. I'm both glad and sad its gone. Sad, because I could show off. Glad, because no one believed it was me anymore anyway.

I love how The Pie calls your name when your pizza is ready. I love hearing, "Mr. Democrat, your pie is ready!"

After ordering Wayne introduced me to Senator Ed Mayne's son Paul and his friend Jeff who were just finishing their meal at The Pie.

Even after two decades I can still safely say that The Pie still has the best pizza in Salt Lake City. I keep getting older, but The Pie stays the same.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pie Rocks!

Anonymous said...

Seems as if those dudes were hungry.

Rob said...

Wayne ate the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Politics comes back to the people. Great job gentlemen.

Anonymous said...

WOW..you scarfed that down

Anonymous said...

The future majority leader possibly?