Monday, November 09, 2009

From Andrew McCullough's Blog - The Tea Party Crowd (Really isn't the Tea Party Crowd)

"I attended a "tea party" event this summer in Salt Lake. I had been promised, as Libertarian Party Chair, that I would get to speak. Then they changed their minds; but it was not the simple anti-tax rally that I had hoped it would be. It was filled with the kind of narrow minded propaganda which we hear every day from Shawn Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Senator Chris Buttars. These are not my people, and I was not comfortable there. One speaker actually quoted the 14th Amendment to the Constitution which makes all people born in this country natural citizens. The comment brought loud boos from the anti-immigrant crowd, who accused the speaker of being stupid or crazy. Well, guys, that is what the Constitution says -- read it for yourself. No amount of yelling can change that. "

To read Andrew's entire and interesting post click here!

No comments: