Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Something Missing



I've had a feeling of ... an incomplete experience at the 2008 Convention so far and I couldn't, until a moment ago, figure out what it was.

I miss Senator Ed Mayne.

This is my first time at a National Convention, and I had a certain, subtle expectation of what happens and what to expect from my time here and at this morning's breakfast, aside from the happy faces and smiling Democrats, there was a blatant hole and that, i think, was Ed Mayne not being here.

Standing out on the street, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a giant of a man, with a laugh quite like Ed's and I felt his absence as fresh as the day of his funeral.

I hope you're watching, Ed.

More to come ...

JM Bell

[editor] I've deleted every post written by JM Bell on this website except for this one, because Karen Mayne left a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You..Karen Mayne and Family