Monday, March 10, 2008

The Dave Matthews Band to play Utah on August 27, 2008 at the USANA Amphitheatre!





On August 26, 2006 Christian Burridge and I went to the Dave Matthews Band concert at the USANA Amphitheatre. Ethan Millard was supposed to go too, but it just happened that President George W. Bush flew into town that day. Ethan called me from the airport to describe how awesome it was watching Air Force One fly out of the stormy clouds and land at Salt Lake International Airport, but I can guarantee that it wasn't nearly as cool as the sight Christian and I watched as the storm clouds parted in West Valley that evening making room for a rainbow to appear just minutes before the show.

Last year the DMB didn't stop in Utah, so I made plans to spend three nights at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George Washington, but politics and work unfortunately killed that trip.

This year I will be attending the concert on August 27, 2008 and you can too. Just click on the links below. BTW, the best way to get great tickets is to join The Warehouse. Every year my seats get better and better, and I can assure you that Dave takes great care of his loyal fans.


Dave introduces Robert Randolph and the Family Band

The young lady next to Christian is the little sister of the Deanna Taylor from Olympus High School class of 83'. If you're wondering how I know this just realize that the vice chair knows everybody's face. Unfortunately I can't remember everybody's name. We also saw Davis County Secretary Brett Garner who was sitting a few seats back (yep Brett, I had better tickets), and we also ran into Steve Owens, son of former Utah Congressman Wayne Owens, and his wife Dawn Ann. Steve currently serves as our State Party legal council.

What a great night, but I'm sure that this year's show will be even better!
I hope I see you there!



Top Photo: Dave Matthews Band at USANA on August 26, 2006

No comments: