Thursday, September 13, 2007

Remembering my sweet cousin, Tyler Bingham

My family received some majorly bad news this week.

My 31 year old cousin was found deceased in his Salt Lake City apartment on September 11. My family is going through shock and grief.

The following note comes from my uncle. I thought I would share it here because... well, the whole thing breaks my heart and this little note is a very touching message from a grieving father, and reminds me about what is most important. Hug your kids tight, will ya?

Rest in Peace, sweet Tyler. We will miss you.

Love your cousin,

Emily

***

My son was a wonderful, single, 31 year old, taller and better looking than his father. We don't know many details of his death but the sheriff was treating it as a homicide. He was found deceased in his apartment and so it was a double whammy on 9/11. We are waiting for the state medical report.

His viewing will be Sunday evening at the Mountain View Mortuary, 3115 E. 7800 S., Cottonwood Heights, and the funeral will be Monday at 11:00 am at the LDS Chapel on 2895 E. Creek Road, Sandy.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers,

Bob Bingham

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew and loved Tyler too. We met through work several years ago and grew in to friends. Even after I moved away from SLC we kept in touch. I know he had many friends and will be deeply missed. He was such a crazy guy and could alway manage to put a smile on your face if he tried. Tyler and I were only a couple of months apart in age. I can't believe he is gone, way to young!
YOU WILL BE MISSED!
-VA

Anonymous said...

My name is Matt Holm, Ty was a dear friend all through my last years in high school.
He was a friend that left a lasting impression on those who knew him. I knew Ty for years and really wish he wasn't taken from us. He was an amazing person who could make you laugh and feel like you were the most important person on the planet. Thank you for the great memories and stories.
I miss you pal, rest in peace

Anonymous said...

I never knew Tyler, but I came across his obituary yesterday, and for some reason I am really touched and saddened by his passing. Maybe it's because he's someone I would like to have known, maybe it's because we are the same age. Whatever the reason is that his death has effected me so much, I just wanted to give my condolences to his family and friends. He must have been a great man.

Erin in Bountiful

Emily said...

Thank you all for the kind words.
It has been a long and difficult week for the Bingham family, most especially his sisters and his parents.

The funeral services were yesterday ... it was a fitting tribute to such a great person.

The world is not going to be the same without him. Heaven is a better place because of him.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just got the phone call. I had to dig through the paper for an obituary before I really believed it. Tyler was one of those people who leave a lasting impression, often for the life of those he touched. I knew of Tyler from my older brother, but really got to know him on my own terms. Lost close touch over the last few years, but he never felt far. The world is a slightly darker and colder place without him in it. My heart goes out to all who knew the kid, for you surely feel the hole that has been left in your heart by his passing.

I'll see you on the other side brother.

Joey Larsen
SLC, UT

Anonymous said...

I always loved being around Tyler. We met at Brighton our sophomore. Tyler was a good guy and I felt it every time I was around him. He has impacted in my life and it is not a rare occasion to think back on memories of him; they always make me smile. I always loved running into him since then. I'll miss running into him. Tyler, thank you for stepping out of your way and making a difference. I'll miss ya.

Anonymous said...

To Julie Kershaw Tyler's girl friend. I know now it has been a while and you probably still hurt and fill empty. I will not pretend that I understand but just say loose yourself in helping others as Tyler did.Do not hurt yourself with helping other you cant help yourself but focus enough on loving and being there for others and remember TYLER as you do it. i know you must be an outstanding and great indavidual. I know becuase Tyler loves the nicer things in life and he never settled. Just wanted to shout out to ya because the pain never goes away you just get stronger dealing with it day by day. I hope you are doing well.
With love,
One of Tyler's bud's