Monday, August 20, 2007

Tom Barberi

I spoke too soon!

It is with a great degree of disappointment that I have to report that the plans for KALL returning to it's former self have been axed. The owners of KALL, Dave Checketts group, have decided they want to keep KALL an all sports station. I had been working with the management of Simmons Media, who will operate KALL, to revive KALL to it's former self. I was led to believe this was a done deal only to be informed now that it was not to be.

I want to thank all of you for being so supportive of the return of KALL and my show. I feel like I have let down a lot of people so know I will continue to work to get my show back on the air.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good news. Thanks for the update.

JM Bell said...

Sorry, Tom.

I hope something turns around. We need more local talk than the bouncing bobble-head on before Hannity.

Anonymous said...

This is terrible news. I was so excited to listen to an alternative to KSL.

Sorry Tom, this is defiantly a bad decision. I haven't listened to KALL since they became a sports station.

Bob said...

Annother bait-and-switch from Checketts?

Not surprising...

Frank Staheli said...

Another reason for me to think that Dave Checketts evolved from the species wormus weaselus.

I'm disappointed for Tom. I can think of a few other radio spots he is very qualified to be on, even if he must replace the existing talk show host. The EIB network for one!

Jeremy said...

Sorry to hear about this Tom. It would be great to have you back on the air.

I listened to your show when I was in High School. Sometimes I hated you...only because you were waking me up first thing in the morning as my alarm

Obi wan liberali said...

Sorry to hear about this Tom. I've listened only a few times to the "Manly Morning Show" or as I call it the "Mainly Boring Show" and thought it was too bad that you weren't in that spot. This morning, I listened to ten minutes and that was enough. The discussion centered on whether you would want to go golfing with your wife. YAWN.

dolt said...

Everybody now!

Goose step into the void.


You are missed Mr. Barberi.


-dolt

Anonymous said...

hi tom james here:
what is kall think about,letting you go'again'? you are an ICON in this state.Hope you find your way back on the air,soooon