Friday, July 13, 2007

All Bloggers Welcome!


I was a bit surprised by the lack of activity and information on the Utah political blogosphere during and after the GOP State Convention. I'm not saying that this year's Utah State Democratic Convention will be any different, but I hope it is.

The Utah State Democratic Convention is being held at Skyline High School(3251 East 3760 South in Salt Lake City) and begins at 8 AM for caucus attendees.

I will be sponsoring a bloggers booth close to the action for any and all takers. What I mean is that I not only want my left-leaning friends to attend, but I would be honored to find out that bloggers like Utah Conservative and Green Jello came by. That Tom, Jess, Frank, Tyler, Thad, Jeremy, Marshall, and Derek came by. That Randy, Natalie, Allie, Bradly, Kervyn, and WP came by. That Jen, Jeff, Mark, Holly, Tracy, Voice, Mike, Randy II, AW, and Mr. Reach came by. And, that Ethan, Dave, Bob, DS, Ed, Cliff, and Jason came by( just to name a few).

Oh, and Ric too.

Come one, come all it's all up to you. The invitation is open and I hope you will "Say Yes!" and attend this year's Utah State Democratic Convention!

With every best wish,

The Utah Amicus!


15 comments:

Rob said...

Well almost everyone. I guess Steve Walmart can come, but only if he brings his diving board.

Jesse Harris said...

Will there be free WiFi and plenty of power outlets? Because it kind of sounds like fun to blog the convention, even as a registered independent.

Rob said...

Yes Jesse, the WiFi is free and we are working on power.

See you there.

The Senate Site said...

I'm hurt, Rob. What about us?

Rob said...

Ric, you are invited too. I even amended my post just for you.

jess said...

i cannot come tomorrow...and i am eternally bummed out. i wanted to see gov. richardson speak again. and i wanted to meet you.

ARGH. this is a sad day indeed.

Rob said...

Come tonight Jess.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was free to come (I'm at a company sponsored conference until Wednesday)

George said...

WP and esposa are in Baston this weekend with a Monday AM apointment at the spine center.

Illegitimatum carborundum to the R's.

Best wishes to you and friends!

Anonymous said...

Would have loved to stop by, but unfortunately we both ended up having to work this morning. Have fun...

Rob said...

Great intentions, but who would have known that WiFi at Skyline High has blocked Blogger.

It is probably a good thing that only a few bloggers showed up. Skyline High had no air conditioning and it was a boiler!

It was too hot!

Marshall said...

Rob - Thanks for invite and pics, I had fun, I am working on a few posts about the convention.

Were there any Edwards supporters there? I didn't see a table or anything? hmmmmm

jess said...

i have these things called "responsibilities" aka kids, pets and a husband-to-be! (drat, blast) plus i live in cache valley, so a jaunt to SLC has to be well-planned.

i'll plan better next time. i know i missed out on hearing gov. richardson speak.

Jesse Harris said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it. My mother-in-law surprised us by being in state unannounced and introducing us to the addictive powers of Settlers of Catan.

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Thanks for the personal invite! Sorry I wasn't there...This summer has been full of trips out of town for various goings on.

I'm sure the convention was fun and sorry I missed it. Do you have pics? Was Gov. Richardson well received? I would like to have met him. I think he's my go to guy next election.