Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sen. Bennett responds to Richad Watson gift

Rob,

Last month, I dropped off a baseball hat which said, “LDS Democrat”, to Sen. Bennett’s office in Salt Lake City.

Below is the response that sent back and thanking me for the gift.


It reads:

Dear Richard,

Thanks for the hat. I doubt I’ll wear it in public, but I’m glad to have it, nonetheless. I’m sorry the Examiner story didn’t cover my full remarks, but went with the sensational one liner. I applaud you and other LDS Faithful for your efforts to change the perception that many Utahns have of the Democratic Party.

Bob Bennett

4 comments:

JM Bell said...

Yeah, funny how the phrase "Utah Democrats are the anti-Mormon party" can be so easliy taken out of context.

Senator Bennett, you said it. It's a disgraceful and dishonest partisan pile of fetid election year propaganda. Now, pony up and own it.

Anonymous said...

That letter showed a lot of class.

Anonymous said...

He's a big fat chicken to not wear the hat. Kudos to Richard for sending him the hat in the first place. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Bennett is a good man. I applied for an internship with him, and made sure to check the "Democrat" box on my application. It wasn't a problem though. He hired me all the same. I had a great experience, and really do admire the man, even if I do disagree with a lot of his policies.