Monday, October 23, 2006

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

My opponent sure loves my ideas!

"Millburn would like to explore ways of informing more residents about the commissioners and what they do. Possibilities include putting commission meetings on Davis Cable Channel 17..."

Deseret News, Monday, October 23, 2006

"A need for communication with constituents is vital, Miller said. That's one reason he maintains a blog called The Utah Amicus as another way to reach potential voters, he said.

He would also work to get county commission meetings televised on Davis Cable Channel 17.

"I would work to make sure all citizens could view commission meetings. It's time to educate people about what good government is."

Stated on Thursday, October 12, 2006 at the Exchange Club of Bountiful

In the same Deseret News article my opponent said, " Millburn would urge businesses to locate in Davis County to keep residents closer to home."

Once again my opponent has taken my fresh ideas right out of my mouth.

I am pleased to know that Mr. Millburn knows a great idea when he hears one.

During our debate on October 17, I brought up the need to build long term solutions that work for those who are addicted to drugs, or who suffer from mental illness. On October 18, Millburn brought up this topic during the same question that was asked the night before.

Fortunately I was there to better explain what he meant, and I was glad to do so. Its a bold new direction and I have always enjoyed helping others.

Don't worry folks, if my opponent is elected I will continue to give him fresh bold ideas that will help improve Davis County government, or you can simply vote for me, the candidate who can actually think for himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that, too. Don't even entertain the idea that your opponent might win. We cannot let that happen.

The Senate Site said...

Campaign Lesson 461: Good ideas get pirated by friends and enemies alike. No one ever gets all the credit (or blame) they deserve, but you can rest better at night knowing you pushed some good ideas into the mix.

Your post reminded me of Tennyson, who must have been a legislator at some point...

The Flower
By Alfred Lord Tennyson.

Once in a golden hour
I cast to earth a seed.
Up there came a flower,
The people said, a weed.

To and fro they went
Thro' my garden bower,
And muttering discontent
Cursed me and my flower.

Then it grew so tall
It wore a crown of light,
But thieves from o'er the wall
Stole the seed by night.

Sow'd it far and wide
By every town and tower,
Till all the people cried,
"Splendid is the flower!"

Read my little fable:
He that runs may read.
Most can raise the flowers now,
For all have got the seed.

And some are pretty enough,
And some are poor indeed;
And now again the people
Call it but a weed.

The Infamous "El Guapo" said...

Looks to me and mi gente in the Barrio that he has also stolen the Davis County Democrats "Slogan" as well........with a little desperate twist.