Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Whoops, I did it again! Read Christian Burridge's, Youngest State In The Nation Needs Voice For Future



Utah again ranked as the youngest state in the nation. Look at a recent Deseret News article about our state. We need a voice that will fight for our future. This week I received a unanimous endorsement from the Utah Educators Association. My opponent did not receive this distinction. What UEA knows about me--after almost an hour and a half of being questioned by their leadership panel--is that is that I have a vested interest in our public schools. My first daughter will start kindergarten next year. I am in this for the long haul. We need a congressman that sees the big picture. Someone who does not treat their position in Congress as a hobby or a nice pseudo-retirement option. But someone who is willing to work full-time for our future. Here are some issues where my opponent and I differ:

  • I am absolutely opposed to ANY nuclear testing in Nevada.
  • I am opposed to any centralized control of our school curriculum in NCLB.
  • I am in favor of keeping Pell Grants and Student Loans in line with rising costs of tuition.
  • I am in favor of capping guaranteed bankruptcy proof student loan interest at 4%.

Let's fight for our future together.

Or you can read:

We Need Ethics Reform In Congress

"People feel that they don't have a voice, that it does not matter what they say or do because the lobbyists in Washington are going to get what they want anyway so one might as well just be apathetic. This is exactly the attitude that the special interests in Washington want--voters to feel powerless and let the first pigs that can rout their way to the trough to get the goods."

No comments: