Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tribute to Chance Mayne, Golden Retriever and Loyal Companion

Last week Senator Ed Mayne's loyal companion and duck hunting partner, Chance, a golden retriever, passed away. Chance was a rescued animal that was absolutely loved by Senator Mayne, and by looking at the photo above it is obvious that the senator was loved right back.

I was raised in a family that loved animals. My first dog, an Australian Sheep Dog named Cinco, has been gone for over two decades. What isn't gone is the love I share with him even to this day.

My daughter Abby, a confirmed animal lover, believes that when we die we get to be with all the animals we have loved, and I cannot and will not disagree. What I understand is like God, love can break through the barriers of time and space. No one we truly love ever really leaves us, they just change into spirit, and their memory keeps us company until that glorious day when we our reunited again.

I love you Ed, and it is obvious that Chance does too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to offer my sympathies to Senator Mayne on the loss of his dear companion. Senator Mayne is a good man, and I am sorry for his loss. What a beautiful animal. I am sure they were both blessed by their friendship.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to Senator Mayne. I had a golden retreiver named "Stu" who I lost in October after 13 years together. I will always love her and she me. Yes, she was a girl named Stu. The resemblance of Chance to Stu is uncanny and I just want Ed to know that we'll all meet up again sometime, someplace.
Kim