Tuesday, February 21, 2006


Friday on the Hill

He was supposed to meet me for breakfast. He called at 7:15 to change our time to 8:00am. No problem.

He finally arrives at 9:30am (and without a tie), but before he arrived, and before I made fun of his hair, I watched Senate President John L. Valentine(R), and House Speaker Greg J. Curtis(R) entertain a group of realtors and members of the Utah Apartment Association. As I sat waiting I ran into Paul Smith, Executive Director of the UAA. He was bragging about how the UAA was able to pass House Bill 250.

"None of your people voted for it," Smith said, He then added that "my people" had some kind of problem with HB 250 because of low income housing.

I will look deeper into HB250 and report back.

Here is a series of photos and captions describing my adventure on Friday.

No comments: